Thursday 17 March 2011

Welcome to my blog

I'm a bit late. I realise that. I tend to be in life but it doesn't usually stop me. I was late finishing school (20); then University; late in writing my Malt Whisky Guide (Michael Jackson had already written 4), late in becoming an independent bottler and definitely way behind every other human and their dog in starting a blog.

Problem is, see, I'm one of those annoying gits who has something to say on everything (whether its p.c. or not or whether it is an informed opinion or not) so I've put off starting a blog as my mouth (or in this case, fingers) can get me in trouble. I can't put it off any longer though...

I work from home; alone. Sympathy please, I'll need it now before you know what I do for a living. Working from home is GREAT - I get to see my kids more than most other dads and can turn on the XBox during my lunch break. It has several drawbacks though, mainly interaction with other humans and boredom. Most of my work is done by email so my time actually spent talking to another human is very limited... hence the need for a blog.

So this blog is my chance to communicate on the mundane, to rant, rave, discuss (with myself), reveal and eventually recant on everything that 'normal' people get to talk about in a 'normal' office environment. Expect a lot about Sport, Music and Whisky as these are my three biggest passions. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

Currently Drinking:
Finishing off the last of my bottle of the WWW Forum Tamdhu. I've really noticed a Huge change in the character of this one as the bottle has slowly emptied.

Currently listening to:

A real return to form for the Durham crooner - was really surprised to find the standout track (Song To The Siren) was written by Tim Buckley (Jeff Buckley's father). Recommended if you like any of the latter Roxy Music stuff, Simple Minds, adult pop etc - and definitely check out some Tim Buckley on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTEtDBHGY4

4 comments:

  1. Welcome young man. There are some things it is good to be late for...your own funeral for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, David - Good luck!

    Tim F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top stuff,
    Looking forward to much debate and off colour
    jokes.
    If you liked Tim's Song to the Siren try
    This Mortal Coil version.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=this+mortal+coil+song+to+the+siren&aq=1
    4AD Record Label 'supergroup' was my route in to Mr Buckley. His boy Jeff was not bad either.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete